Mason jars were first invented and patented in 1858 by John Landis Mason for preserving food. In the 21st-century, mason jars are used for just about everything. Today, you can find mason jars holding food, drinks, buttons, pens, popsicle sticks, screws, nails, candy, glitter, candles and even flowers.
With the many ways mason jars can be used and with Easter right around the corner, we decided to make a cute Easter Mason Jar Vase to help you decorate your home for the spring holiday.
What you’ll need:
1) Cut the burlap to 10″ x 4″.
2) Cut the banding to 10″.
3) Glue the burlap around the center of the mason jar.
4) Remove a few horizontal strands of burlap from the top and bottom to give it a frayed look.
5) Glue the banding around the center of the burlap.
6) Tie the remaining strand of burlap from step 4 into a bow around the center of the banding.
This Easter Mason Jar Vase can be used for more than just a pretty bouquet of spring flowers. This project will beautifully display your festive candy, plastic pearls, gems, rocks, seashells, buttons or anything else you can think of. You can use this jar as a decoration all year round, filling it with different things and tying different ribbons around it to keep your home festive with the seasons or holidays.
At Fabric Depot and Supply, you can find all the supplies needed to make this cute Easter Mason Jar Vase. If you have any questions regarding the directions or need help finding the materials in our store, feel free to ask any of our employees for help.